Giving - FAQ
1. How does New Life Fellowship use my funds?
New Life Fellowship is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. All donations to New Life Fellowship are tax deductible to the extent that no goods or services were provided in connection with the donation. All donations are received with the understanding that New Life Fellowship has complete discretion and control over the use of the funds.
2. When Will I Receive My Contribution Statement For My Donations?
We will mail out a contribution statement by January 31 for donations made the previous year.
3. Whom Do I Contact If I Have Questions About My Giving History?
Please contact Kathy Lockwood at email@example.com or call 209-482-3193.
4. I Want To Restrict My Gift To A Particular Project Or Program. Can I Do This?
By default, donations go into our General Fund. However, you may request that your gift be used for an approved project or program like the ones listed as in FAQ #6 above. Other approved projects or programs may arise periodically throughout the year.
5. New Life Fellowship currently has four official restricted fund categories:
Benevolence Fund - for local financial assistance to those in need
Ministry Fund - by department, to help make New Life Fellowship events more affordable and accessible
Missions Fund - includes General Missions, specific missionaries and organizations
Hume Lake Fund - to assist with the cost of Counselors and students from New Life Fellowship who desire to go to Hume Lake.
6. I Want To Restrict My Gift To A Particular Person. Can I Do This?
A gift restricted to a specific individual constitutes a person-to-person gift and is not tax deductible. You can restrict your gift for the Benevolence Fund and suggest it be used to help a specific person but this decision will be made by the Benevolence Team.
7. Can I Set Up Automatic Scheduled Contributions?
Yes. You can do this through our online giving. When you have created an account to give online, you will see the option to give one time or schedule your contributions weekly, monthly, a specific day of the month, as well as other options.
8. What is New Life Fellowship’s position on using my credit card to make donations or other payments to the church?
While New Life Fellowship does accept credit cards, we strongly encourage our members not to use their credit card for donations, registrations or other transactions if they are unable to pay off their credit card in full each month. We prefer the use of checks, debit cards and especially echeck (which has lower transaction fees).
For those with revolving credit card debt or are simply seeking more information on how to manage their money God’s way, we encourage them to enroll in a New Life Fellowships / TOH’s biblical financial principals class taught by Pastor Dennis Dearmin.